Golf games on consoles and PC used to be hugely popular. I remember playing PGA Tour Golf and Microprose Golf on my Amiga, as well as Mario Golf on my Gameboy. When Tiger Woods became a golf superstar, EA cornered the market, and the Tiger Woods golf era began.
My friends and I used to play the Tiger Woods games, Highlands and Predator courses being our favourites, way too much and bought the new versions almost every year. The series began to get stale, and Tiger’s off course shenanigans meant an end to the series in 2013.
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour 2015 (PS4 and Xbox One) was the last version to be launched. Personally, I found the game to be below par, pun intended, and lacking essential features I took for granted in earlier Tiger endorsed versions. I started to look around for a golf game worth spending my time on and happened upon The Golf Club. While it took a ridiculous amount of time to master the game and the watching of tutorials from the community to perfect putting, I enjoyed the game. The player created courses and customisation available in the game were beyond anything being offered in the EA franchise, in my opinion.
Anyway, this is a long-winded way of saying that The Golf Club 2 is due out on the 30th June for Xbox One and PS4. The trailer from HB Studios Multimedia Ltd can be found below along with details of some of the exciting new features it offers. Course customisation via the course creator, in particular, is singled out for this trailer.
Other details include:
- Become a Pro in Career mode. Progress through a custom or pre-designed season by winning games and upgrading your clothing and gear, facing more difficult competition as you go.
- Take your Society to the Top. Create or join multiple online Societies and challenge other clubhouses in tournaments to earn money and climb the ranks, constantly representing your team in every game you play.
- Improve your Game. Play 100,000+ user-generated courses (from The Golf Club and The Golf Club 2) to test and improve your skills, plus compete in full seasons and major tournaments, either solo or with your golf Society.
- Create Dynamic Golf Courses. Build any golf course you can imagine with the largest collection of props, tools, water features, bridges, vehicles, crowds, and more!
- Enhanced Swing Mechanic. Perfect your stroke with the new Tempo swing, allowing for more control and a greater payoff with each shot.