The Reznors in Super Mario World are named after Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails. Sadly, every day is exactly the same for them… Beating Mario would be their perfect drug, I’ll stop now.
- Final Fantasy VII was initially conceived for the SNES, then was expected to become an N64DD game, cartridges weren’t big enough. However, due to limitations of the hardware, the Sega Saturn, and PlayStation One were shortlisted. The PlayStation One becoming the victor in unveiling the game.
- Bonus fact FFVII, had the game come on N64 cartridges it would have taken 13 of them to hold the game.
- Simlish, the language(?) used in the Sims series was introduced in SimCopter.
- Assassin’s Creed started out in development as a Prince Of Persia spin-off game.
- Cranky Kong from Donkey Kong Country is the original Donkey Kong. You’d be cranky is you had to hurl all those barrels all day!