What Happens In Gaming website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. All data is protected using the most advanced methods available.
We do not store financial information, or sensitive personal information either online or offline. This policy helps ensure our system is secure.
We employ a method of interaction with our visitors that does not compromise credit card information. We use military strength encryption on all webpages and you will see a padlock and https denoting our strict adherence to security matters.
(Updated 24 May 2018)
- Collection Of Information
- Use Of Information
- Sharing Of Information
- Additional Details
- Your Choices
- Data Rights
- Contact Us
- Collection of Information
Summary: We collect information about you when you:
- Become a member or affiliate
- Create an account;
- Use the Platform;
- Attend an event;
- Visit our website; and
- Communicate with us.
We also collect information, such as usage statistics, by using cookies, server logs, and similar technologies.
If you elect to use certain features, we also collect information through other sources, such as social media services, invitations, and imported contacts.
1.1 Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information that you provide when you join, create an account, choose interests or groups, fill out a form, or communicate with us. The types of information that we may collect include your name, username, password, email address, date of birth, postal address, phone number, photos, and any other information that you choose to provide. See Section 2 to learn how we will use the information that you provide to personalise our recommendations, services, and other content to you.
1.2 Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Platform
When you use our Platform, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Platform, including the type of browser that you use; the time, duration and frequency of your access; Platform pages viewed; your IP address; and the page you visited before visiting our Platform.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device that you use to access our Platform, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you use our Platform based on your consent to the collection of this information. For further information see Section 5.2.
1.3 Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may collect information about you from other sources, such as through certain features on the Platform you elect to use, but only where these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your information to us. Examples include:
- Social Media Services. If you register or log into your account through a third-party social media service, we will have access to some of your third-party account information from that service, such as your name and other information in that account, and used for purposes such as improving your website experience. We may also have access to third-party account information if you use the Platform feature to share a link.
- Invitations. If another member sends you an invitation through our Platform, we may receive certain personal information, such as your name, email address, or phone number. If you are an invited guest, we will automatically send you an invitation to our Platform, and, if unanswered, a one-time follow-up invitation. We store this contact information only to send these invitations and evaluate their success. You may unsubscribe from future invitations using the instructions in those messages. You may also contact us to request that we remove this information from our database.
- Member Content. We may receive information about you when you or another member uploads photos or posts other content to the Platform. For further details about the rights over this information available to individuals, see Section 6.
- Overall. We generally collect only the absolute bare minimum of information to enable us to provide a service on our Platform. This information is never sold or transfered to anyone without your express permission
- Use of Information
Summary: We use information about you to:
- Operate, improve, promote, and protect What Happens In Gamingand our Platform;
- Communicate with you; and
- Personalise content.
2.1 Operating our Platform
We may use information about you for various purposes related to operating our Platform, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Platform, including to process transactions, memberships, develop new products and services, and manage the performance of our Platform;
- Display information about you, for instance, your list of interests, which will be visible on your profile;
- Personalize the Platform, for example, to suggest content in which we think you may be interested (including content given special protection under EU law or that relates to sensitive topics such as health, political opinions, religion, and sexual identity);
- Allow you to share information about your use of the Platform through a third-party social media service, if you connect your account through that service (which you can turn off at any time) and to provide you with better recommendations;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Platform; and
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions, abuse, and other illegal activities; to protect the rights, property, or safety of What Happens In Gamingand others; to enforce compliance with our policies; and to comply with applicable law and government requests.
- Perform accounting and administrative tasks, and enforce or manage legal claims.
2.2 Communicating With You
We may use information about you for various purposes related to communicating with you, including to:
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide membership services;
- Communicate with you, in accordance with your account settings, about products, services, and events offered by us and others, to provide news and information that we think will be of interest to you, to conduct online surveys, to contact you about events on our Platform that are being held near your location, and to otherwise communicate with you in accordance with Section 2.3;
- Notify you about communications of other members, in accordance with the communication preferences that you indicate; and
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages.
2.3 Advertising And Other Uses
We may use information about you for various other purposes, including to:
- Provide content, features, or sponsorships that match member profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests and other promotions;
- Carry out any other purposes described to you at the time that we collected the information.
2.4 Legal Basis for Processing
Our legal basis for collecting and using the information described above will depend on the type of information and the specific context in which we collect it.
- We process information about you in order to provide our services in accordance with our aims, for example to allow you to join groups, or to display your profile to other members, and to allow us to send you important membership and service updates.
- We also process information about you where it is in our legitimate interests to do so and not overridden by your rights (for example, in some cases for fraud prevention, network and information systems security, responding to your communications, the operation of networks of groups by the network administrators, and improving our Platform).
- In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect information about you, or may otherwise need the information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
- We may also process information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract.
2.5 How do we process your personal offline data?
The majority of the processing is carried out by What Happens In GamingSecretary, and use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To administer membership records.
- To fundraise and promote the interests of What Happens In Gaming.
- To maintain our own accounts and records.
- To inform you of meetings, events, activities and news.
- To share your contact details internally with autjorised personnel only for administrative purposes and so they can keep you informed about meetings, events, activities and news.
Processing is necessary for our legitimate interests. This means that we can process your personal data if (i) we have a genuine and legitimate reason; and (ii) are not harming any of your rights and interests.
Our legitimate interests include: processing for the purposes of What Happens In Gaming administration (including all Committees of What Happens In Gaming); fundraising; and the circulation of What Happens In Gaming.
- Sharing of Information
We may disclose information about you:
- to members or social media services, subject to the choices you may make via the Platform;
- to our third-party service providers who help us to operate or improve our Platform;
- to authorities to comply with legal obligations and to protect and defend our rights and property; and
- to an affiliate or successor entity as part of a corporate transaction.
We may also share de-identified or aggregated information.
3.1 Through Our Platform
We share some of the information that we collect by displaying it on our Platform according to your member profile and account settings. Some information, such as user name, is always public. Some information, such as interests (if provided), can be hidden on our Platform. We recommend that you check settings and what information will be available to ensure that you are happy with the information that is visible to others.
3.2 With Our Service Providers
We may use service providers in connection with operating and improving the Platform to assist with certain functions, such as payment processing, email transmission, conducting surveys or contests, data hosting, managing our service, and some aspects of our technical and customer support. We take measures to ensure that these service providers access, process, and store information about you only for the purposes we authorise, subject to confidentiality obligations.
3.3 Following The Law
We may access, preserve, and disclose information about you to third parties, including the content of messages, if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, applicable law, regulation, legal process, or audits. We may also disclose information about you if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our aims or related guidelines and policies, or if necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of, or prevent fraud or abuse of, What Happens In Gamingor others.
3.4 Social Sharing And Other Tools
3.5 Affiliate Sharing And Merger, Sale, Or Other Asset Transfers
If What Happens In Gaming is involved in a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganisation, bankruptcy, or sale of our assets, information about you may be shared or transferred as part of that transaction. For example if What Happens In Gaming merged with another website, membership details would be passed on.
- Additional Details
- With your permission, we may allow others to use technologies that collect information about you to provide analytic services, for example Google Analytics. You may be able to disable the collection or use of this information.
- What Happens In Gamingis based in Scotland and governed by Scots law and we will be processing, transferring, and storing information in and to Scotland and other countries.
- We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information and have implemented technical and organizational measures in line with industry best practices. We cannot guarantee these controls will provide absolute security.
- Physical records are stored securely and access to them controlled to authorised users only.
4.1 Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
4.2 Transfer Of Information To Other Countries
We employ technical and organizational measures designed to appropriately protect your information that is under our control and that we process on your behalf from unauthorized access collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal, both during transmission and once we receive it. We store all information that you provide to us on secure servers and or in sucre physical storage facilities. We train operatives regarding our data privacy policies and procedures, and permit authorized members to access information on a need to know basis, as required for their role. We use firewalls designed to protect against intruders and test for network vulnerabilities. However, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic or physical storage is guaranteed to be completely secure.
Where you have a password, which enables you to use our services, you are responsible for keeping this password complex, secure, and confidential. If you would like to update or change your password, you may select the “Forgot your password?” link on the login page. You will be sent an email that allows you to reset your password.
4.4 Data Retention
We may temporarily block your account if you have not logged in for a considerable period. You may contact us if you wish to reactivate your account.
We retain certain information that we collect from you while you are a member of the Platform, and in certain cases where you have deleted your account, for the following reasons:
- So you can use our Platform;
- So ensure that we do not communicate with you if you have asked us not to;
- To better understand the traffic to our Platform so that we can provide all members with the best possible experience;
- To detect and prevent abuse of our Platform, illegal activities and breaches of our Terms of Service; and
- To comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
- To maintain historical membership records
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it.
4.5 Policy Scope
4.6 Revisions To This Policy
- Your Choices
- You can review and change information about you or deactivate your account in your account settings, but we may retain certain information.
- You can remove photo tags if you wish.
- With your consent, we will use information about your location. You can deactivate this feature at any time.
- You have the right to opt out of receiving What Happens In Gamingpromotional messages, but you may still receive other non-promotional communications.
5.1 Your Choices: Account Information
You may update or correct your account information by editing your account settings or by sending a request to us as described in Section 6. You may deactivate your account by editing your account settings or by sending an email to us.
5.2 Your Choices: Location Information
When you first access the Platform, we will collect information about your location, which we use to make better recommendations for groups and events in your area, and to improve our Platform. If you do not want us to collect information about your location, then you can prevent this:
- If using a mobile app, by changing the settings on your device.
Note that our Platform or its features may no longer function properly if you do.
Your mobile device settings may also give you the option to choose whether to allow us to view your location on a continuous basis, when only using the app, or never. Allowing us to view your location when you are not using the app allows us to provide you with recommendations on a regular basis. Please refer to your device’s guide for additional information on how to adjust location services.
5.3 Your Choices: Cookies
5.4 Your Choices: Promotional Communications
You can control messages that you receive from us, other members, and third parties by selecting the unsubscribe link in the message that you receive, or by adjusting the communication preferences in your account settings. We will also send you a link to these settings when you first sign up and in subsequent messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
5.5 Your Choices: Photo Tagging
You can tag photos of yourself and others if this feature has been activated. It is not active by default. When a photo has been tagged it means that the name of that person will appear alongside the photo, and the tagged photo will appear on the tagged member’s group profile.
- Data Rights
- You may have the right to exercise your data protection rights, including to request that What Happens In Gaming deletes, amends, or provides you access to your information.
- You have the right to opt out of receiving What Happens In Gaming‘s promotional messages, but you may still receive other communications.
- You can complain to your local data protection authority about the use of your information.
We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You can contact us by sending an email to us.
Rights that you may have, depending on the country in which you live, include:
- Accessing, correcting, updating, or requesting deletion of your information.
- Objecting to processing of your information, asking us to restrict processing of your information, or requesting the portability of your information.
- Opting out from receiving marketing communications that we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by selecting the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. Additionally, you may update your email preferences by changing the settings in your account.
- Withdrawing your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your information with your consent. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Complaining to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Note that What Happens In Gamingis a controller of your information on this platform. Other entities, such as social media organisations, may also act as controllers of your information. You should contact these organisations if you have any questions about how they use information that you have provided to them.
- Contact Us
- If you have any questions, you can contact us via our Contact Page.
Under European data protection law, the controller of your information is What Happens In Gaming.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection regulations.
Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted.
This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to.
This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services provided by this website. Users are subscribed through an online automated process when they register for an account but may opt-out at anytime should they wish to do so.
Visitors who do not register for an account are not subscribed to the newsletter. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and as updated by the new GDPR regulations.
Email campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation.
Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list].
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
(External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts.
Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Our site may use an order form for customers to request information, products, and services. We collect visitor’s contact information and unique identifiers. Contact information from the order form is used to send orders and information about our company to our customers.
The customer’s contact information is also used to get in touch with the visitor when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings. Unique identifiers are collected from Web site visitors to verify the user’s identity and for use as account numbers in our record system.
We will not pass on your personal information to third parties except in accordance with this policy and our Terms and Conditions or where we are required by law to disclose that information.
Accessing your information
You’re welcome to ask us what information we have about you, any time you like. If any of the details are incorrect, let us know and we’ll amend them right away.
This site is fully compliant with UK Data Protection Laws.